Who is a green card holder?

A Greencard holder is somebody who has been conceded approval to live and work in the United States consistently. As evidence of that status, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) awards an individual a lasting occupant card, normally called a “Green Card.”Individuals with green cards are known as Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) or green cardholders. There are an expected 13.2 million green card holders of who 8.9 million are qualified for citizenship of the United States. Roughly 65,000 of them serve in the U.S. Military.

What are the basic inquiries before applying for the green card?

Before beginning the application procedure, there are two inquiries that you should answer first:

  1. It is safe to say that you are qualified to apply? 

U.S. movement laws give an assortment of approaches to individuals to apply for a Green Card. The qualification necessities may shift contingent upon the migrant class you are applying under. Go to our Green Card Eligibility Categories to see all the potential classes you can apply under and what the qualification necessities are.

Being Sponsored for a Green Card:

A great many people who apply for a Green Card should finish at any rate two structures—an outsider appeal and a Green Card application (Form I-485). Another person normally should record the appeal for you (regularly alluded to as supporting or requesting for you), even though you might be qualified to petition for yourself sometimes. Here are the most widely recognized structures:

  • Structure I-130, Petition for unfamiliar Relative
  • Structure I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
  • Structure I-730, Refugee Relative Petition
  • Structure I-589, Application for Asylum and Withholding of Removal

Different petitions include: 

  • Structure I-360, Petition for American Asian, Widow, or Special Immigrant
  • Structure I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
  • Structure I-918, Petition of U Nonimmigrant Status
  • Structure I-929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant
  • Allude to your qualification classification to check whether you need a request.

What if a person is qualified to apply for a green card?

  • On the off chance that you are qualified to apply for a Green Card, you at that point need to figure out which procedure to utilize – change of status or consular handling.
  • On the off chance that you as of now have an affirmed worker request and an outsider visa is accessible, record Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, or
  • If you don’t as of now have an endorsed worker appeal, check the qualification prerequisites for your Green Card classification to check whether you can document the request and the Form I‑485 together simultaneously (this is known as a simultaneous recording).
  • Try to check all the adjustments and statuses before getting the filling and giving the application to the authorities, because it will be difficult to fulfill details if you left something unfinished.